Instant Text Finder is a specialized desktop search tool for software developers and IT professionals Working on a solution that has thousands of files involving multiple projects, databases, scripts and web pages can be a daunting task. Searching for a text in many files can take a lot of time. Instant Text Finder helps you by finding what you
- Instant Text Finder is an index-based search tool. After your files are indexed, subsequent searches take only a few seconds because Instant Text Finder already knows where the results are.
- This ability to find text quickly frees users from having to narrow the scope of their searches, by either file type or file location.
- Unlike other desktop search tools, Instant Text Finder does not perform any indexing in the background. This means that you will not see a sudden performance drop on your computer while you are working on an important task. Indexing is done only when the user initiates it.
- Instant Text Finder can detect changes in file contents and will offer users the option of updating its index.
- Source code is much more readable with the syntax highlighter
- Users frequently want to find all occurrences of a word or string within a file or to compare the position of one string relative to another.
- Instant Text Finder provides a vertical Overview Bar that represents the entire file. It marks the search string's positions with a yellow line in the Overview Bar.
Find as you type
- In addition to the Overview Bar, this feature allows users to see all occurrences of a specific string within a search result.
- Just type what you are looking for in the file view window and Instant Text Finder will highlight all occurrences of that string in real time.